On 2014/29/05 20:57, Zane Bitter wrote:
On 29/05/14 13:33, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
Devananda van der Veen <devananda....@gmail.com> wrote on 05/29/2014
01:26:12 PM:

 > Hi Jaromir,
 >
 > I agree that the midcycle meetup with TripleO and Ironic was very
 > beneficial last cycle, but this cycle, Ironic is co-locating its
 > sprint with Nova. Our focus needs to be working with them to merge
 > the nova.virt.ironic driver. Details will be forthcoming as we work
 > out the exact details with Nova. That said, I'll try to make the
 > TripleO sprint as well -- assuming the dates don't overlap.
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Devananda
 >

 > On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Jaromir Coufal <jcou...@redhat.com>
wrote:
 > Hi to all,
 >
 > after previous TripleO & Ironic mid-cycle meetup, which I believe
 > was beneficial for all, I would like to suggest that we meet again
 > in the middle of Juno cycle to discuss current progress, blockers,
 > next steps and of course get some beer all together :)
 >
 > Last time, TripleO and Ironic merged their meetings together and I
 > think it was great idea. This time I would like to invite also Heat
 > team if they want to join. Our cooperation is increasing and I think
 > it would be great, if we can discuss all issues together.
 >
 > Red Hat offered to host this event, so I am very happy to invite you
 > all and I would like to ask, who would come if there was a mid-cycle
 > meetup in following dates and place:
 >
 > * July 28 - Aug 1
 > * Red Hat office, Raleigh, North Carolina
 >
 > If you are intending to join, please, fill yourselves into this
etherpad:
 > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-midcycle-meetup
 >
 > Cheers
 > -- Jarda

Given the organizers, I assume this will be strongly focused on TripleO
and Ironic.
Would this be a good venue for all the mid-cycle discussion that will be
relevant to Heat?
Is anyone planning a distinct Heat-focused mid-cycle meetup?

We haven't had one in the past, but the project is getting bigger so,
given our need to sync with the TripleO folks anyway, this may be a good
opportunity to try. Certainly it's unlikely that any Heat developers
attending will spend the _whole_ week working with the TripleO team, so
there should be time to do something like what you're suggesting. I
think we just need to see who is willing & able to attend, and work out
an agenda on that basis.

Last time we managed to work also on the items not related to other projects. So I think it is just matter of putting together an agenda. Each team can work on their own, schedule cross-project topics and huge benefit is that we can discuss interrelated issues directly with members of other teams easily and anytime because we can get up and approach anybody face-to-face.

-- Jarda