On 06/09/2014 12:47 PM, Joe Cropper wrote:
There may also be specific software entitlement issues that make it
useful to deterministically know which host your VM will be placed on.
This can be quite common in large organizations that have certain
software that can be tied to certain hardware or hardware with certain #
of CPU capacity, etc.

Sure, agreed. However the "cloudy" way of doing things (as opposed to the enterprise IT/managed hosting way of doing things) is to rely on abstractions like host aggregates and not allow details of the physical host machine to leak out of the public cloud API.

Best,
-jay

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Chris Friesen