Russell Bryant wrote:
On 04/23/2015 03:23 PM, Kyle Mestery wrote:

     <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>>  wrote:

     >  On 04/23/2015 01:19 PM, Armando M. wrote:
     >>

     >>  On 23 April 2015 at 09:58, Russell Bryant<rbry...@redhat.com
     <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>
     >>  <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com<mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>>>  wrote:
     >>
     >>     On 04/23/2015 12:14 PM, Armando M. wrote:
     >>>

     >>>  On 23 April 2015 at 07:32, Russell Bryant<rbry...@redhat.com
     <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>  <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com
     <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>>
     >>>  <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com<mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>
     <mailto:rbry...@redhat.com<mailto:rbry...@redhat.com>>>>  wrote:

     >>>     because
     >>     another (e.g.
     >>     integrating-via-plugin-model,
     >>>     projects.yaml
     >>     other project)

     >>     goals
     >>     adding
     >>     OpenStack Bigger

     >>>     stress the
     >>     for these
     >>     like
     >>>     we're
     >>     point where
     >>>     make a
     >>     now.
     >>>
     >>>     Can you be a bit more specific about what's not clear and
     >>     would help
     >>>     make you feel more informed?
     >>>

     >>>  I am not clear on how we make a decision, as to which project
     >>     belongs or
     >>>  doesn't to the Neutron 'umbrella', 'tent', 'stadium' or however
     we end
     >>>  up calling it :)
     >>
     >>     OK, that's fine.  Figuring that out is the next step if folks
     agree with
     >>     Neutron as the home for networking-foo repos.  I'm happy to
     write up a
     >>     strawman proposal for inclusion criteria and a set of expectations
     >>     around responsibilities and communication.
     >>

     >>  What about the other Neutron related ones that didn't strictly follow
     >>  the networking- prefix in the name, would the naming convention
     be one
     >>  of the criteria? I look forward to your proposal.
     >
     >  Good question.  I think consistency is good, especially when there are
     >  so many of them.  It helps make it clear that they're all
     following some
     >  sort of pattern.  Luckily we do have a way to get repos renamed if
     needed.

     There is one existing project, stackforge/octavia, which is quite
     active and has used its codename extensively. Suggested naming I’d
     be ok with, but enforced naming seems… confining.

To be honest, I really don't care about the names.  All it takes is some
pretty easy docs to help people figure out what things are and where
they live.  Making it a recommendation is fine with me.

Maybe about time we make something like:

http://projects.apache.org/indexes/category.html

And link names to repos there...?

If we've reached the point where we're arguing about naming, dos this
mean we've built consensus on the "yes, it makes sense for these to live
under Neutron" argument?

Ha.  I figured I'd give it at least another day before stirring up more
debate with a proposal around criteria / responsibilities / expectations.