On 11 June 2015 at 15:34, Michael Still <mi...@stillhq.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Mark Boo <mrkzm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > - What functionality is missing (if any) in config drive / metadata
> service
> > solutions to completely replace file injection?
>
> None that I am aware of. In fact, these two other options provide you
> with more data than you'd get with file injection.

A config drive is useful if and only if you know to read it and have
software that does so (for packaged Linux, you install the cloud-init
package, usually).  File injection works even if you don't adapt your VM
image.

Conversely, file injection only works on a limited range of disk formats.
--
Ian.