+1 from me, although I thought heat was supposed to be this thing?

Maybe there should be a 'warm' project or something ;)

Or we can call it 'bbs' for 'building block service' (obviously not bulletin board system); ask said service to build a set of blocks into well defined structures and let it figure out how to make that happen...

This though most definitely requires cross-project agreement though so I'd hope we can reach that somehow (before creating a halfway done new orchestration thing that is halfway integrated with a bunch of other apis that do one quarter of the work in ten different ways).

Duncan Thomas wrote:
I think there's a place for yet another service breakout from nova -
some sort of like-weight platform orchestration piece, nothing as
complicated or complete as heat, nothing that touches the inside of a
VM, just something that can talk to cinder, nova and neutron (plus I
guess ironic and whatever the container thing is called) and work
through long running / cross-project tasks. I'd probably expect it to
provide a task style interface, e.g. a boot-from-new-volume call returns
a request-id that can then be polled for detailed status.

The existing nova API for this (and any other nova APIs where this makes
sense) can then become a proxy for the new service, so that tenants are
not affected. The nova apis can then be deprecated in slow time.

Anybody else think this could be useful?

On 25 September 2015 at 17:12, Andrew Laski <and...@lascii.com