On 10/14/2015 12:09 AM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 07:01:45PM +0000, D'Angelo, Scott wrote:
If you create a blueprint and a spec for this, the details can be discussed in
the spec.
Yes, something like this we should definitely have a spec and blueprint
for. Please write up a spec and propose to the cinder-specs repo so this
can be discussed and comment on.

OK, I have a blueprint, but haven't written spec yet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Guryanov [mailto:dgurya...@virtuozzo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:57 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List; Maxim Nestratov
Subject: [openstack-dev] [cinder] RemoteFS drivers refactoring: move code,
which works with images to separate classes

Hello,

RemoteFS drivers combine 2 logical tasks. The first one is how to mount a
filesystem and select proper share for a new or existing volume. The second
one: how to deal with an image files in given directory (mount
point) (create, delete, create snapshot e.t.c.).

The first part is different for each volume driver. The second - the same for
all volume drivers, but it depends on selected volume format:
you can create qcow2 file on NFS or smbfs with the same code.

Since there are several volume formats (raw, qcow2, vhd and possibly some
others), I propose to move the code, which works with image to separate
classes, 'VolumeFormat' handlers.

This change have 3 advantages:

1. Duplicated code from remotefs driver will be removed.
2. All drivers will support all volume formats.
3. New volume formats could be added easily, including non-qcow2 snapshots.