On 10/28/2015 03:55 PM, Eric Harney wrote:
On 10/28/2015 03:18 PM, Dmitry Guryanov wrote:
Hello!

Can we discuss this on the summit?

As I promised, I've written a blueprint for this change:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/237094/

I assume we can talk about this at the Cinder contributors meetup on Friday.

Ok, I'll be there.

On 10/14/2015 03:57 AM, Dmitry Guryanov wrote:
Hello,

RemoteFS drivers combine 2 logical tasks. The first one is how to
mount a filesystem and select proper share for a new or existing
volume. The second one: how to deal with an image files in given
directory (mount point) (create, delete, create snapshot e.t.c.).

The first part is different for each volume driver. The second - the
same for all volume drivers, but it depends on selected volume format:
you can create qcow2 file on NFS or smbfs with the same code.

Since there are several volume formats (raw, qcow2, vhd and possibly
some others), I propose to move the code, which works with image to
separate classes, 'VolumeFormat' handlers.

This change have 3 advantages:

1. Duplicated code from remotefs driver will be removed.
2. All drivers will support all volume formats.
3. New volume formats could be added easily, including non-qcow2
snapshots.

Here is a draft version of a patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/234359/

Although there are problems in it, most of the operations with volumes
work and there are only about 10 fails in tempest.

I'd like to discuss this approach before further work on the patch.

--
Dmitry Guryanov