On 12/20/2015 9:57 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
Nova folks,

We have this review in oslo.utils:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/252898/

There were failed effort in the past to cleanup in Nova:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164753/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/197601/

What do we do? Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Dims

I have a -1 on the change, will state the same reason here. Without a cap on oslo.utils in stable/liberty g-r, this will break at least nova in stable/liberty since it's a backward incompatible change.

As with most things now, I think the path forward is getting nova onto the new code, raise the min required version of oslo.utils in mitaka to where the new methods were added (that's probably already the case if the deprecation happened awhile ago), and then the deprecated functions can't be removed until liberty-eol.

Matt Riedemann