Hi Ifat,

what way do you want to use the alarm change notifications? using events from Ceilometer API or directly collecting the notifications from message bus? if we configure Ceilometer to listen the notifications from aodh, the notifications about alarm changes will be converted to events and stored in Ceilometer storage. if you want to use the events about alarm changes, the same info can be queried by "alarm-history" API, may be you want to do aggregation on events data ?

Thanks
Liu sheng

在 2016/1/5 21:37, AFEK, Ifat (Ifat) 写道:
-----Original Message-----
From: gord chung [mailto:g...@live.ca]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:17 PM

the original reason this was implemented i believe was to track alarm
state changes as an event in ceilometer events. i still see this as a
valid use case but it does duplicate some of the functionality of alarm
history.

i think the main items are to not flood the message bus with messages
that no one is listening to. but if there is a use case for it, i'm
happy to see it remain (and improved).

you can check the patch that Liusheng referenced, but the basic concept
is as mentioned: send message when an alarm state is changed.

Hi Gord,

We had some further discussions about this issue in Vitrage team, and we
decided we do want to use Aodh notifications about alarm state changes.

One reason is that we want to be notified about every alarm, yet we don't want
to register our web-hook on each alarm definition separately. The other reason
is that we already listen to message bus notifications of other openstack
components (like nova), and we would like to handle aodh notifications the same
way we handle all other openstack notifications.

We will be happy if this code remains.

Thanks,
Ifat.