Hi Jake,

Thanks for raising this topic. I'm really interested in it. I reviewed most of the locations patches of Glance, so drop my 2 cents about this. So firstly, I think it's a valid user case. As for the implementation, I think a spec-lite is enough, given it's just a driver for current location strategy. I haven't seen your code, so I'm not sure if your implementation is ok for upstreaming. But I would assume your code is a driver under https://github.com/openstack/glance/tree/master/glance/common/location_strategy and personally, I think the metadata of location is right way since the location URL can't provide clear and enough information for the ranking. We can discuss more on #openstack-glance channel. Cheers.