+1

I'm against this on a theoretical basis as I don't think backporting features/architectural changes is good practice for a stable branch.

People will say this will increase stability (no longer lose namespaces on container restart), in reality the chances are it will decrease stability on the branch at least for some time after it merges due to the inherent nature of new features, combined with our limited ability to verify new changes in the gate.

So far the evidence for needing to do this is anecdotal at best. While I don't doubt some operators will complain about having to docker exec to work with namespaces, it doesn't strike me as critical enough to shift effort away from the Mitaka release.

All that being said if other cores strongly agree with the change and commit to seeing it through, I trust them enough to make it work. Which is why I'm +1.