On 3/9/2016 10:16 PM, Janki Chhatbar wrote:
Hi All

Greetings for the day!

I have noticed that while installing*OpenStack Kilo* using DevStack, the
server components cloned are stable/kilo whereas the client components
cloned are master. This leads to errors in installation or commands
miss-match. For eg.

_In tacker,_
tacker git repo is stable/kilo which points to incorrect git repo URL. I
have filled a  bug and proposed a patch for this
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/tacker/+bug/1555130)

_In Magnum_,
*magnum stable/kilo* clones *python-magnumclient master* which leads to
command mismatch (https://bugs.launchpad.net/magnum/+bug/1509273).

 1. Does this affect all other services?
 2. Does this mean that the branch needs to be changed for all the
    service's clients? The change will be in /devstack/lib/{service}
    file in "GITBRANCH" variable.

  If changes are required, I am willing to work on those.

Thanking you

Janki Chhatbar
OpenStack | SDN | Docker
(+91) 9409239106
simplyexplainedblog.wordpress.com <http://simplyexplainedblog.wordpress.com>

Assuming the APIs in the server projects have not made backward incompatible changes since Kilo, the clients from master should continue to work. That's a big assumption with some projects, however.

If the clients on master implement CLIs for new features that landed after Kilo, then those won't work.

Matt Riedemann