On Fri, 18 Mar 2016, Andrew Laski wrote:

I spent a little bit of time investigating the possibility of a chrome
extension to turn off the keyboard shortcuts and search mechanism a
little while ago. I eventually gave up but what I learned is that those
changes are apparently related to the inline edit ability that was
added. The edit window only loads in what is currently visible so
regular browser search would not work.

You can avoid much of the weirdness by going to preferences and
switching to a unified instead of side-by-side diff. This also turns
off the editing functions as far as I can tell. Thus removing a lot
of magical things that happen.

You can still get to the side-by-side view by pressing some buttons,
if you need to for some reason.

--
Chris Dent               (�s°□°)�s�喋擤ォ�            http://anticdent.org/