On 03/28/2016 07:17 PM, Carl Baldwin wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Salvatore Orlando
<salv.orla...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 11 March 2016 at 23:15, Carl Baldwin <c...@ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
I wonder if we could satisfy this requirement with tags - as it seems these
subnets are anyway operator-owned you should probably not worry about
regular tenants fiddling with them, and therefore the "helper" subnet needed
for the fip namespace could just be tagged to the purpose.

We discussed tags at the mid-cycle.  We decided against using them.
One reason is that tags are pretty new and are a moving target.
Another reason I was hesitant is that tags were designed to be user
facing.  As I recall, we didn't want the tags to affect code behavior.
But, maybe I misunderstood that.  We want service types to affect
IPAM, at least.

Brian Haley is going to put up a spec for this service type attribute
work.  Brian, would you mind posting a link to your spec review when
you've posted it?

The Subnet service-type attribute spec is at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300207/

Be gentle :)

-Brian