Tom Fifield wrote:
On 11/05/16 09:04, Dan Smith wrote:
Here it is :)

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Special:AncientPages

Great, I see at least one I can nuke on the first page.

Note that I don't seem to have delete powers on the wiki. That's surely
a first step in letting people maintain the relevance of things on the
wiki.

Looks like that was just fixed ... :)

Yes, and if people were as committed to cleaning up/maintaining old content as they are in creating new content, we'd certainly have a different discussion here.

To clarify, we do not plan to "just delete the wiki", we just continue to evolve our usage of it. We already moved most reference content out of it, and we'll continue to do so (since that is better served by a peer-reviewed website or proper documentation). The next step is to identify all the remaining use cases for the wiki -- all the people that use the wiki as a convenient/lightweight way to publish information.

Some of those use cases will be better served by other tools (think: TC/PTL election information should really live on the governance.o.o website), but there will always be a reminder of use cases for which a wiki (or some other comparably-lightweight publication platform) will be the best tool. The goal is to make sure we take into account all the use cases, as we investigate what tools could be used in the future.

I'll soon start a thread on that. Since that goes a lot beyond the dev community, I'll post it to the openstack general list and post a pointer to it here.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)