On 5/31/2016 7:35 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
On 05/30/2016 04:02 PM, Shoham Peller wrote:
I support Clint's comment, and as an example, only today I was able to
search a bug and to see it was reported 2 years ago and wasn't solved since.
I've commented on the bug saying it happened to me in an up-to-date nova.
I'm talking about a bug which is on your list -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1298075

I guess I wouldn't
 been able to do so if the bug was closed.

A closed bug still shows up in the search, and if you try to report a
bug. So you'd still see in in reporting.

That bug is actually a classic instance of something which shouldn't be
in the bug tracker. It's a known issue of all of OpenStack and
Keystone's token architecture. It requires a bunch of Keystone feature
work to be addressed.

Having a more public "Known Issues in OpenStack" googlable page might be
way more appropriate for this so we don't spend a ton of time
duplicating issues into these buckets.

        -Sean

Heh, I opened that bug 2 years ago. And it's a duplicate of several bugs at this point and has a fix available, so I've marked it a duplicate of the bug that has the fix.

The main point of removing this old stuff is so we can actually see new things when doing triage, since we at least have some consistent triage for new bugs going on now.

Anyway, it's a drop in the bucket. A bug that's two years old with no one working on it to me means, meh, it's either not important or if someone cares and doesn't find it, they'll report a new bug (which should get triaged) and provide a fix if they care enough.

Matt Riedemann