Matt Riedemann wrote:
[...]
Expand the numbers to 6 months and you'll see only 13 commits.

It's surprisingly high in the user survey (page 39):

https://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/April-2016-User-Survey-Report.pdf

So I suspect most users/deployments are just running their own forks.

Why ? Is it completely unusable as it stands ? 13 commits in 6 months sounds like enough activity to keep something usable (if it was usable in the first place). We have a lot of (official) projects and libraries with less activity than that :)

I'm not sure we should be retiring an unofficial project if it's usable, doesn't have critical security issues and is used by a number of people... Now, if it's unusable and abandoned, that's another story.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)