On 04/08/16 23:00, joehuang wrote:
I think all the problem is caused by the definition "official OpenStack
project" for one big-tent project.

I understand that each OpenStack vendor wants some differentiation in their
solution, while also would
like to collaborate with common core projects.

Nobody wants this. We want to build a fully-featured cloud that can run the same kinds of apps that users might develop for AWS/Azure/GCE, and we want those apps to be portable substantially everywhere. It's all right there in the Mission Statement.

If we replace the title "official OpenStack project" to "OpenStack ecosystem player", and
make "big-tent"
as "ecosystem play yard" ( no close roof ), TCs can put more focus on
governance of core projects
(current non-big-tent projects), and provide a more open place to grow abundant
ecosystem.

You're describing the exact situation we had before the 'big-tent' reform.