On Mon, 29 Aug 2016, Matt Riedemann wrote:

2. Chris is going to cleanup the devstack change that adds the placement service:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/342362/

The main issue is there isn't a separate placement database, at least not by default, so Chris has to take that into account. In Newton, by default, the Nova API DB will be used for the placement service. You can optionally configure a separate placement database with the API DB schema, but we're not going to test with that as the default in devstack in Newton since that's most likely not what deployers would be doing in Newton as the placement service is still optional.

New version of this was just pushed up, making it default to the api
db. For reference I do simple testing of it using:

    https://gist.github.com/cdent/a9590764fbc7402d450fa36df14f35e0

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/