Akihiro Motoki <amot...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I noticed strings in tests (unit tests or others) have translation marks (_, _LE and so on).
Do we need translation marks for them?

I don't think so for most cases from various reasons below.
Only exception is to test translations.

From translators:
- Effort to translate strings in tests leads is meaningless. Such translations are never used.
- Strings from test code drop the translation percentage.
  The current translation import script checks the translation percentage
  and imports translations with >75% percentage.

From developers:
- Translation mark is actually unnecessary but developers are requested
  to mark them as translatable. It is annoying.

Thought?

Thanks,
Akihiro

I believe we should not only not use marks in tests, but forbid them with a hacking check. It’s a waste of translator time.

Ihar