On 2017-01-16 01:19 PM, Jonathan Bryce wrote:
On Jan 16, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Jay S. Bryant <jsbry...@electronicjungle.net>
wrote:

On 01/13/2017 10:29 PM, Mike Perez wrote:
The way validation works is completely up to the project team. In my research
as shown in the Summit etherpad [5] there's a clear trend in projects doing
continuous integration for validation. If we wanted to we could also have the
marketplace give the current CI results, which was also requested in the
feedback from driver maintainers.
Having the CI results reported would be an interesting experiment. I wonder if
having the results even more publicly reported would result in more stable
CI's.  It is a dual edged sword however. Given the instability of many CI's it
could make OpenStack look bad to customers who don't understand what they are
looking at.  Just my thoughts on that idea.
That’s very useful feedback. Having that kind of background upfront is really
helpful. As we make updates on the display side, we can take into account if
certain attributes are potentially unreliable or at a higher risk of showing
instability and have the interface better support that without it looking like
everything is failing and a river of red X’s.

You could show the timestamp since the last passing test, rather than pass or fail as well as how long the driver has been tested. If a driver has been tested for 2 years or longer and has gone a week since the last passing test chances are the team is working on a bug, either with the driver code or the ci system (this can be explained on the page in a legend of some sort). This gives the reader more context with which to evaluate comparable drivers regarding their elapsed time since last successful completion of their ci as well as how long their ci has been active.

This might be a more useful and consumable approach for the audience which might have little understanding of continuous integration, its meaning and its artifacts.

Thanks,
Anita.

  Are there other things that might be similar?

Jonathan