Am 2019-04-28 10:01, schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On 27/04/2019 03.56, Frank Kloeker wrote:
[...]
The biggest problem at the moment are pot files. Weblate expects this in the source repo which we haven't. But Weblate has it's own local repos.
It's not clear at the moment how we design the workflow. Zuul can also
push changes on rst files in the Weblate repo and Weblate can build pot
files there. It's to think about it.

Pot files are generated files, so there's always an extra step to create
them and keep them in sync.

I see the following options:
* Ensure that users update pot files. That will leads to many conflicts
and rebases, so is out.
* Have a job that writes to gerrit. We're not doing anything like that
in OpenStack by policy.
* Have a separate place that stores pot files.

We use with translate.o.o the third way and store the pot files directly
in translate.o.o. We could generate a special "pot-files repo" that is
used for syncing.

Yes, I read it in the documentation. Weblate has internal git repos and the use case was to generate a master component for the external sync and then create from them other components in the same project. I think it was nearly what we want. It's somewhere here:
https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/devel/translations.html
https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/vcs.html

Pushing rst files to Weblate could work as well - but we also have repos
like tripleo-ui that use JSON and not rst,

That's supported, but tripleo-ui goes deprecated:

https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/formats.html#json-files
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/641744/

Frank