On 12/14/2014 01:27 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2014-12-14 00:39:41 +0200 (+0200), George Shuklin wrote:
[...]
debian heavily relies on answers to debconfig, and ubuntu just put
files in proper places without changing configs. We using chef for
configuration, so ubuntu approach is better (when we starts doing
openstack that was on of deciding factors between debian and
ubuntu).
Those debconf prompts are merely for convenience during interactive
installs. You can preseed them if you like and/or set dpkg to
noninteractive, and still just put config files in place like you do
in Ubuntu. I don't see why that specifically would be a mark against
Debian's OpenStack packages.
Well, 'preseed' is just more work. noninteractive dpkg - is much better. Shame on me I didn't remember about this during selection of platform.

Anyway, I'm ready to help but have no idea how (within my limits).