That was me! and yes you can do it when consuming notifications with
ceilometer-agent-notification

Eg in our ceilometer.conf we have

[notification]
workers=12
disable_non_metric_meters=true
store_events = true
batch_size = 50
batch_timeout = 5
messaging_urls = rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost1:5671/vhost1
<rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost1:5671/vhost1>
messaging_urls = rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost2:5671/vhost
<rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost2:5671/vhost>2
messaging_urls = rabbit://XX:XX@rabbithost3:5671/vhost3

If no messaging_urls are set then it will fall back to the settings in the
[oslo_messaging_rabbit] config section
Also if you set messaging_urls then it won’t consume from the rabbit specified
in [oslo_messaging_rabbit] so you have to add it to messaging_urls too.

Cheers,
Sam