On 4/27/2018 4:02 AM, Tomáš Vondra wrote:
Also, Windows host isolation is done using image metadata. I have filled a bug somewhere that it does not work correctly with Boot from Volume.

Likely because for boot from volume the instance.image_id is ''. The request spec, which the filter has access to, also likely doesn't have the backing image metadata for the volume because the instance isn't creating with an image directly. But nova could fetch the image metadata from the volume and put that into the request spec. We fixed a similar bug recently for the IsolatedHostsFilter:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/543263/

If you can find the bug, or report a new one, I could take a look.

--

Thanks,

Matt