Devin, agree with you 100% that the EC2 and OS APIs are presentation/view
layer. I also think that there is way too much view/control and policy
dependencies buried down in the core nova-* services.  The core services like
nova-compute shouldn't be using things like EC2 instance-id, instance-type,
flavor, etc.  they should be dealing with a more abstract pool of resources
hosts, instances, networks, etc.

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.
brian.sch...@nimbisservices.com