To my knowledge, if you want to use Xen, using XCP or XenServer (i.e. using
XenAPI driver) is the way to go. If you look at the contributions to the
drivers, you can have a good guess at who is using them.

I know people are going into production on XenAPI, not heard about Xen+libvirt
in production. Having said this, I have seen some fixes to Folsom around Xen +
libvirt, I think from SUSE?

I work for Citrix on the XenAPI driver, so I am not exactly "impartial". My
testing is certainly running XenServer 6.0.2 (+ development builds of the next
release) with the XenAPI driver.

If you have any problems getting going with XenAPI, I am happy to help.
Preferably through the ML to share the knowledge. I am currently doing some
work improving the documentation. I have got a few patches in already,
hopefully I get around to adding some more very soon.

I hope that helps,
John