Hello,
I had a few more basic Swift questions..

1. In Swift, when a rebalance is happening, does the client have write access
to the object? Does Swift have a mechanism to lock down one copy which it is
moving, and allow updates to the remaining two copies and do a final sync
somehow? What is the mechanism?

2. I did see that Swift has a configurable number of replicas. Can it be set to
1? If it is set to 1, how does it work for the question above w.r.t rebalance?
I do understand a single replica does not make sense, I did want to understand
what it does in that case though.

3. If one of the nodes returns an error during a PUT(say, disk full), the
request is sent to the handoff node, but how is the handoff node configured in
the ring? Is it a special entry, or is it picked based on some algorithm or
something else?

-- Mark