Hello,

We are trying to install ceilometer and gnocchi on Openstack Queens (Ubuntu 16.04) following the official instructions from https://docs.openstack.org/ceilometer/queens/install/install-base-ubuntu.html we end up in serious problems. When we issue the gnocchi install via apt-get, e.g.

#  apt-get install gnocchi-api gnocchi-metricd python-gnocchiclient

*it will uninstall the dashboard, keystone and placement api *(it was a nice few hours fixing that).

A suggestion to solve this was to use the pre-release archive:

sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:queens-proposed
sudo apt-get update

This installs gnocchi without removing keystone, but the gnocchi api won't install as a service anymore. It seems like the gnocchi version is not compatible with Queens.

Has anybody else managed to install gnocchi/ceilometer on the Queens/Ubuntu 16.04 combo?

Appreciate any help
Terje