On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 03:54:50PM +0100, Terry Lundin wrote:

On 31/08/18 15:42, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 01:27:46PM +0100, Terry Lundin wrote:
Hello,

We are trying to install ceilometer and gnocchi on Openstack Queens (Ubuntu 16.04) following the official instructions from https://docs.openstack.org/ceilometer/queens/install/install-base-ubuntu.html we end up in serious problems. When we issue the gnocchi install via apt-get, e.g.

#  apt-get install gnocchi-api gnocchi-metricd python-gnocchiclient

*it will uninstall the dashboard, keystone and placement api *(it was a nice few hours fixing that).

A suggestion to solve this was to use the pre-release archive:

sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:queens-proposed
sudo apt-get update

This installs gnocchi without removing keystone, but the gnocchi api won't install as a service anymore. It seems like the gnocchi version is not compatible with Queens.

For sure, Gnocchi is Queens compatible for sure. This is an bug of the
Ubuntu Cloud Archive packaging. I  think you hitting this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnocchi/+bug/1746992

Yes, hitting that one. I understand it's an issue with gnocchi-api requiring python-3 while openstack queens is running on python-2. What is the work-around?

According the bug tracker a new package update will come soon in
queens-proposed. So just waiting

Install gnocchi/gnocchi api on a separate apache server outside openstack?

That's could work.

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sil...@sileht.net