On 19.07.14 16:09, Arnd Gronenberg wrote:
Hello,

I'm running openSUSE Factory on some ARMv7 boards (cubietruck, Olimex A10 OLinuXino LIME) using the Factory ARM repository at http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/factory/repo/oss/. Everything is working fine and I'm currently working on packaging the specific linux-sunxi kernel and tools for Allwinner processors as well as compiling some specific repositories (like hamradio) for ARM (v7 and v6).

Unfortunately, the build for http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/factory/repo/oss/ seems to be disable for a couple of weeks, last builds were create around May 20th.

That repository is still building:

  https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:ARM

However, it only gets published (pushed to download.opensuse.org) when it is in a "consistent" state, so when no packages are left in building or scheduled state.

Looking at the number of build jobs running right now and the monitor, I'd say quite a few of our build workers don't build anymore :). Dirk, what happened to your watchdog scripts?

Is there any specific reason for no longer providing a Factory armv7hl repository? Whom may I contact to get the build enabled again?

You're at the perfect spot :). Let's wait for Dirk's reply to find out why his scripts that trigger machine resets when our build workers crash didn't work.

How may I help with the armv7hl target?

Phew. Since you've already started to work on Sunxi, I guess it would be awesome if you could help out here on the official sunxi contrib repository:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:sunxi

so that we will eventually have an easy-to-find image for those platforms. Especially for sunxi we would also need some innovative deployment method. Right now we have to build one image per exact hardware configuration. Other distributions are more clever here - they overwrite the hardware description in their image while deploying it, so that you only need to create one image for all platforms.

Then there's the usual "oh, I see a package failed in Factory for ARM, let me see what's broken" type of help that's always very much appreciated :).

Either way, welcome on board!

Alex