On 06.01.15 12:47, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
> On 6 January 2015 at 11:23, Alexander Graf <ag...@suse.de> wrote:

>>> openQA basically needs an iso or hard disk image and a qemu that can
>>> boot the image into some GUI. With those two things and an ARM
>>> machine with Factory or 13.2 it shouldn't take long to get openQA
>>> up.
>>
>> So I've managed to at least get a penguin up with the virtual PCIe PHB:
>>
>>   https://github.com/agraf/qemu/commits/arm-phb
>>
>> However, there is currently no upstream support for the generic PCIe PHB
>> in Linux on AArch64 - it only compiles on 32bit ARM. I've successfully
>> forward-ported a patch from LKML to enable it, but this needs more
>> testing to actually make sure it works correctly.
>>

> Excellent news!! I'm fairly certain there are many of us who can at
> least test for you.

Awesome. The 32bit kernel should work "as is".

For 64bit you'd need to use the patched master kernel (3.19-rc2 + my pci
patch, master branch in the openSUSE kernel git). In a while, it should
get automatically pushed to

  https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Kernel:HEAD/kernel-default

at which point you should be able to grab a compiled version from OBS.

So far I was able to confirm that VGA and XHCI both work just fine, so I
don't see any big problems with bringing up OpenQA.

Does OpenQA need to see the grub menu? TianoCore doesn't have support
for PCI (and thus VGA) yet, so the first thing you'll see on the screen
is Linux.

>> For 32bit ARM we don't have installation images or EFI, so OpenQA will
>> be harder to do.
>
> Not sure how feasible it would be, but could you nest a 32bit guest?

What do you mean by "nest"? In OpenQA, you want to test the installation
process, no? If we don't have an installation process there's nothing to
test :).

Alex