Hi,

for a couple of weeks we've been experimenting with native builds for
aarch64, and are now happy to announce that we consider the current
state stable enough to announce it as being available.

== What changes ==

If you have packages enabled for building against
openSUSE:Factory:ARM, nothing really changes for you. Just that the
package will be build on native hardware now instead of using the user
mode emulation on x86_64 that we've used before. Specifically, the
macro %qemu_user_space_build is no longer set to 1. That said, for now
it would still be a good idea to keep the %qemu_user_space_builds
sections in your spec file as they are, as we still use user mode
building for armv6 and for older targets (e.g. openSUSE 13.2).

== What if I want to build locally? ==

Due to the use of user-mode qemu emulation, it was previously possible
to build locally for aarch64 on a x86_64 host by running "osc build
<project> <package> standard aarch64". This does not work anymore,
since the "standard" repository is now requiring native aarch64
hardware. You can still build with user mode emulation by using this
command:

"osc build <project, e.g. openSUSE:Factory:ARM> <package> qemu aarch64".

Greetings,
Dirk