On 28.04.15 09:37, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can this hardware be used to build armv7 on it like x86_64 and i586?

In theory yes, in practice not today. We only have 4 systems - throwing
armv7 at them would completely overload the cluster, resulting in much
slower builds for aarch64.

Also there are a few technical hurdles. While the aarch64 kernel can
execute armv7 code, it shows itself as "armv8l" in uname, breaking
configure scripts, rpm, etc. Also we configure our aarch64 kernel with
64kb PAGE_SIZE which means you can only execute Factory and above armv7l
binaries on it - 13.2 and below use 32kb alignment for binaries.

So what we'd eventually need is an armv7l kernel-obs-build that runs a
native armv7l kernel on an aarch64 worker. But I'd prefer to only
investigate that deeper once we have enough build power to actually make
use of it ;).

Alex