Am 29.07.2018 um 17:20 schrieb Sten Bert:
>>>I have a perfectly running system with this image. Indeed /dev/sdf1
> needs to be /dev/sdf, there will be two partitions on the SD card and a
> lot of unused space.<<
>
> Freek - are you talking about the RPi3b+?
> I have the actual (this year - 2018) board RPi3B+ and I'm looking for an
> (openSUSE!)image, that at least boots this board!
> From http://download.opensuse.org/ports/aarch64/ I took different
> xz-Images (15.0 JeOS, 15.0 LXQT, 42.3 JeOS). - They all produce
> different sd-card partition layouts! But none of them boots a RPi3B+!

You somehow appear to assume that the image not booting has anything to
do with the B+. Please don't try things like a headless chicken. Either
you want Tumbleweed or you want Leap 15.0. No point messing with 42.3
still, which never supported the B+. Using an old release because of a
problem with a newer one is rarely a good idea.

SLES 15 boots on the B+, so I'd be surprised if Leap 15.0 doesn't.

As I've tried to hint you, the latest published Tumbleweed image is
known broken and therefore I told you to use the latest built image
instead. If you're unwilling to set up an openSUSE account (which you'd
also need to report new bugs!), then you could also add a one-line
extraconfig.txt to the EFI partition with the missing aarch64 setting
"arm_control=0x200". Most problems are solvable if you ask the right
questions...

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)