Am 26.01.19 um 23:15 schrieb Per Jessen:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> I've just booted a nanopi neo air with
>>

> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/NanoPiNeo/images/openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-nanopineoair.armv7l-2019.01.08-Build6.14.raw.xz
>>
>> and I am greeted with:
>>
>> Ubuntu 15.10 FriendlyARM ttyS0
>> FriendlyARM login:
>>
>> ???
>
> Having also tried with nanopineo Leap15 from ports (which worked fine),
> it appears the problem is in in the lack of a boot.scr file (in the
> above).

As a reminder, I prepared that image about two years ago, and this is
the first real test feedback we're getting - that's why it's not in
Factory:ARM:Live but in Contrib:NanoPiNeo. So you'll need to investigate
any problems at your own, as no one else here seems to have that board.

It sounds to me as if it's booting from eMMC and doesn't support UEFI
yet. Then instead of adding an older boot method to our image, you
should upgrade your U-Boot on eMMC - extract the
/boot/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin from our rpm u-boot-nanopineoair and dd
it to its expected location of seek=8k on the eMMC's mmcblkX - compare
other boards' HCL Wiki pages, e.g., Pine64.
Depending on how the Neo Air's boot flow is, erasing U-Boot on eMMC
might also make it fall back to SD, but having it on SPI or eMMC would
seem preferable, as you can then have a "normal" GPT on SD.

If the Neo Air does come with eMMC pre-populated, then we can drop this
JeOS-nanopineoair image and instead use JeOS-efi after upgrading U-Boot.
We may need to add another dtb package to JeOS-efi then.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)