Rebecca Walter wrote:

Virtual machine 1, virtual machine 2 two different (virtualized) computers
guest: Linux, XP, W98, dos, freebsd...

there wouldn't be "guest" used here, if I have understood properly. It would be a virtual machine running whatever OS.

I think the "guest" concept is important, mostly if the host OS and the virtual machine OS are the same.

It's difficult to say anytime "openSUSE 10.3 on the host", "openSUSE 10.3 on the virtual machine"

in fact, I don't know what make difference between various guests fir the virtual machine, but as VMware as Virtual box asks for what guest you want at creation time (even is you can change mind afterward)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/