On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 08:45 +0200, Rebecca Walter wrote:
> While I respect the concerns expressed by the community so far, I don't think
> these outweigh the advantages seen by our experts.  I don't think "virtual
> host server" is more complicated than the other server terms we use
> regularly.  Virtual machine is definitely easier than what we've used in the
> past.  Although it sounds a bit wordy at first, "management virtual machine"
> does make sense and has a good meaning.
>
> So as soon as my schedule permits, I will add these terms to the style guide.
>

> Marcus, in the future, the project would appreciate it if you let us know
> earlier in the process so we could be more involved in the discussion.

Rebecca,

I know that I have come into this conversation a little late but I felt
it needed discussion. I noticed throughout existing suse/novell
documentation, with regard to virtual technology, that there seems to be
a lack of definition with regards to the the types of VMMs. This is a
very important issue to the end-user due to the inherent impact of the
handling of resources within the VMM. e.g. type I and type II

Type I: standalone, for example mainframes
Type II: hosted, for example VMWare, Xen

Thanks.
Thomas R. Jones