Hello all,

We're now trying to translate the opensuse_manual to Japanese
in beriOS.de (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/opensuse-man-ja/).
This translation effort is about 25 percent completed.

So I've planned to generate a PDF file from them.

Before making, I've modified /usr/share/susedoc/xslt/common/l10n/ja.xml
as follows for IPA fonts.

<!-- Normal layout: -->
<l:gentext key="fop1.body.font.family" text="IPAPMincho,FreeSerif"/>
<l:gentext key="fop1.sans.font.family" text="IPAPGothic,FreeSans"/>
<l:gentext key="fop1.monospace.font.family" text="IPAGothic,FreeMono"/>
<l:gentext key="fop1.symbol.font.family" text="IPAPGothic,Symbol"/>
<l:gentext key="fop1.callout.unicode.font" text="IPAPGothic"/>

("fop1.pocket.*", "xep.*", and "xep.pocket.*" was also modified like
above)

After modification, run as follows.

$ cd trunk/opensuse-html
$ source ENV-opensuse-html
$ make validate
$ make pdf

Validation (make validate) and PDF creation (make pdf) finished
with no error.

But some sorts of tagged texts in PDF were displayed with blank.
These are "guimenu", "replaceable", and "xref" (referenced text).

In addition, some characters of these texts can be displayed normally
if the character is ASCII (alphabets, numbers, etc.).

So I think this problem was caused by some font setting.
However, no font settings seems to be exist in susedoc except above.

How do I fix it?

Cheers,

--
Yasuhiko Kamata