On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 08:14:21AM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> Running it as root is the purpose of "sudo", but not knowing the root
> password.
>
> Consider a configuration skeletton (from HP-UX):
>
> # User alias specification
> User_Alias      MEDIA_OPERATOR = %dba, windl
>
> # Cmnd alias specification
> Cmnd_Alias      CHANGE_CD = /usr/sbin/mount /SD_CDROM,\
>                         /usr/sbin/umount /SD_CDROM
>
> MEDIA_OPERATOR  ALL=CHANGE_CD

OK. How are you going to change the file if you don't have the root
password? Also I did not think that HP-UX was Linux.  made my scripts to
work on Linux. If it works on something else, great. If not, pity.

> > With several thousand downloads, I would expect some people complaining.
> > So it seems almost nobody changes the default.
>
> That's bad!

Apparently not really that bad. YMMV.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau