On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:51:03PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Works perfectly for me and my configuration is even more complicated:
> - GRUB on hda
> - /boot on hdb5
> - / on LVM on hdb
> - mount-by-label for all filesystems
> - I can move hdb around as I want (hdc, hdd etc.) and only have to
>   change one line in GRUB, no aother changes necessary.

Is there a reason that /boot is on a seperate partition? I do not know
LVM, so I can only guess that the reason is that LVM is not directly
bootable.

As we had a LONG discussion where it was decided to have /home on a
seperate discussion, this would lead to the following solution if we
should decide to go with LVM
1 reiser partition /boot to make it bootable
1 LVM  partition /
1 LVM partition /home

To explain: the seperate /home is not so much about size as it is about
keeping your data and settings with a new installation.

If there is no real reason to have a seperate /boot, then it would still
make sence to have a seperate / and /home as we have now.
--
houghi          http://houghi.org       http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/