Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> On Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 09:17:13, Rajko M wrote:
[...]
>> The recent change is inconvenience as I have to edit header for every
>> posting. I really don't want to reply to anybody privately and the TB
>> that has well solved privacy protection, has 2 options:
>> 1. Reply to Sender
>> 2. Reply to All
>> They work both as the name tells for peer to peer mails.
>> With list 1. gives a private email and the 2. all private and the list.
>
> I got that. Thunderbird has no list-reply. Thats the fault of
> Thunderbird. There even are bugreport about it in the mozilla bugzilla.

Right. Unfortunately Thunderbird doesn't have that feature and most
probably won't have it before 3.0 (scheduled around Q2 2007).

But... I've built MozillaThunderbird RPMs for 10.1 and 10.0 (both i686
and x86_64) that include a 3rd party patch to add a "reply to list" action.

More information here:
http://open.nit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension&7

To install those patched MozillaThunderbird RPMs, add the following
repository to yast2/zmd/rug/smart/yum:
  http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/suser-guru/thunderbird/10.1/
or
  http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/suser-guru/thunderbird/10.0/

Those RPMs are signed with my GPG key (58857177):
  http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/guru-rpm.asc
Fingerprint is:
  E02F 0C4A CE1A 27C3 D082  C8EE AF73 4C5A 5885 7177
(this email is signed with the same key, which is attached to this mail
as well)

e.g. when using smart on 10.1:
$ smart channel --add \
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/suser-guru/thunderbird/10.1/MozillaThunderbird-listreply.repo
$ smart update thunderbird-listreply
$ smart upgrade MozillaThunderbird\*

You must also install the following extension (XPI):
  http://open.nit.ca/wiki/attachments/replytolist-0.1.3.xpi

(download it somewhere on your local disk (e.g. using wget), open
Thunderbird and then: Tools > Extensions > Install)

I've also upgraded the bundled EnigMail to 0.94.1

For those who are interested and/or would like to help, please install
that package and test it. I made some basic tests with it on 10.1/x86_64
and 10.0/i686 and it works for me.

I've also contacted Wolfgang Rosenauer (who maintains the mozilla
packages at SUSE) to let him know, he's been having an eye on that patch
for a while and will provide new builds of thunderbird at the usual
place (*) that include the above mentioned patch.
(*) ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/10.1

Note that all the credits go to Wolfgang, I've merely added that patch
to his src RPM ;)

cheers
- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>