Hi,

On 2006-08-13 at 13:34:18 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote (shortened):

> > I got that. Thunderbird has no list-reply. Thats the fault of
> > Thunderbird. There even are bugreport about it in the mozilla bugzilla.
>
> Right. Unfortunately Thunderbird doesn't have that feature and most
> probably won't have it before 3.0 (scheduled around Q2 2007).

Please note that the way headers are handled in Thunderbird and
SeaMonkey is pretty problematic and adding such a feature requires
thinking about the basic design in that area.
I'm trying to find a reasonable approach with Thunderbird developers.

> But... I've built MozillaThunderbird RPMs for 10.1 and 10.0 (both i686
> and x86_64) that include a 3rd party patch to add a "reply to list" action.
>
> More information here:
> http://open.nit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension&7

I've uploaded new Thunderbird packages to my 10.1 experimental repository:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/experimental/10.1

Thanks to Pascal for providing the preformatted patch ;-)

You can use the extension with those packages but you have another
option with them:

If you toggle the preference
mailnews.clobber_list_reply
to "true", Thunderbird should answer to the mailinglist only if you hit
it useful. And if not just let it set to "false".

> For those who are interested and/or would like to help, please install
> that package and test it. I made some basic tests with it on 10.1/x86_64
> and 10.0/i686 and it works for me.

If you find any problem with the new builds, please tell me.

   Wolfgang

--
SUSE LINUX GmbH             -o)   Tel: +49-(0)911-740 53 0
Maxfeldstr. 5               /\\   Fax: +49-(0)911-740 53 679