Andreas Jaeger skrev:
"Terje J. Hanssen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Missing Xen:

Maybe this is not the right place, but I really miss Xen on the
announced Features and Roadmap for openSUSE 10.2. The "Status of Xen3 on
SUSE Linux 10.0", which is the only and latest I still can see, is
http://en.opensuse.org/Xen3_Status_and_Updates

Xen will be improved as usual.

Nice to hear ;)

The last line in that table, "Other Operating System support on top of
Xen and VT not tested" is especially of interest to follow up now.

XenSource is also just releasing their XenEnterprise with support Linux
guest operating systems with Windows support following before the end of
2006 in alignment with the broad availability of Intel and AMD server
systems designed to support Xen. XenEnterprise is promises to make it
very easy for an organization to install, configure, manage and monitor
virtualized Windows and Linux operating systems running across multiple
physical servers.

What I really wish is that openSUSE 10.2 will offer some smaller "Xen
workstation" solution that with YaST tools can ease the installation,
configuration and administration of Xen and typical and actual i.e
Ubuntu Linux and Windows XP as additional guest operating systems on
Intel-VT and AMD-V workstations.

We have some improvements in this area already in our current tree but
I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind. Please look at Alpha4
and give some more details.

Do I then need to download and install the whole Alpha4 openSUSE distro, or is it possible (enough) to upgrade the Xen related packages included possibly YaST2 packages on the current openSUSE 10.1 release? Possibly which packages are needed to upgrade? I will soon have the opportunity to try Xen on a new Xeon Woodcrest based workstation, and I'm excited to see if I finally am able to replace my current multiboot installation ....

Terje J. Hanssen