On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Andreas Hanke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Robert Schiele schrieb:
> >> Does this happen with the current package?
> > Yes, installing kernel-debug on a Factory system where there was only
> > kernel-default installed renames the existing vmlinuz and initrd
> > symlinks to .previous and creates new ones pointing to kernel-debug,
> > effectively making kernel-debug the default.
> >
> > The conclusion is that the kernel development pattern is not the right
> > thing for users who just need to build an external module.
>
> So, should I change the pattern?  I can make kernel-debug completely
> optional...

I know that we probably do not want an other pattern but given all the
issuses maybe an other pattern would be the best solution.

"Modules extrenal build"

I really would like to keep the debug stuff in the kernel-debug.  When I
have to debug kernel issues, I really want the complete stuff even with
the debug being the default kernel to use.

Just my $.02

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047