On 06/10/16 18:11 (GMT-0700) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> On Monday 16 October 2006 17:13, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Note that you need not download even the mini iso if your
>> installation target already has a working grub. All you need is the
>> linux and initrd from the appropriate boot/*/loader directory placed
>> where a grub stanza can find it.

> This is good to know, but lacks sufficient detail to be put to use.
> Could you either explain how to create or modify this "stanza" or point
> us to the relevant on-line documentation?

Assuming you understand how /boot/grub/menu.lst works, just copy any or all
of the ones the installation CD uses from e.g. here
http://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/boot/i386/loader/isolinux.cfg
and adjust as necessary according to where you actually put linux and
initrd. If your motherboard doesn't require any special parameters, the 1st
should be plenty, and even if it isn't, you can modify on the fly with grub
anyway.
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped."                               Psalm 28:7 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409