jdd schrieb:
> ?? I had understood that with 10.2 zen should fix the database itself?

You're confusing stuff here.

A software named "zen" does not exist. There is Zenworks, which consists
of different programs:

zmd, the daemon
rug, a CLI interface for the daemon
zen-updater, a GUI interface for the daemon

zmd in 10.1 crashes on startup if /var/lib/zmd/zmd.db is corrupted. zmd
in 10.2 does not, but fixes the database instead, which is cool.
Actually I think it crashed inside sqlite code, so it was not even zmd's
fault.

rug never crashes, neither in 10.1 nor 10.2.

zen-updater in both 10.1 and 10.2 crashes when communicating with a zmd
that has a corrupted database, even if zmd itself does not crash,
because of an unhandled exception in the GUI code.

These are totally different programs and totally different crashes, and
a fix for one of them does not fix the other one.

Theoretically, the zmd improvements should totally hide the zen-updater
crash because zmd fixes the database on startup. But this doesn't work
because the database can become corrupted _while_zmd_is_running_.

And that's exactly what happened to you, because a zypp helper crashed
while zmd was running.