Felix,

On Thursday 26 October 2006 20:54, Felix Miata wrote:

> > I second the font issue... Alpha 5 had beautiful font rendering,
> > unfortunately Beta 1 is really really bad...  I even tried a brand
> > new account to see if wiping all the settings would help and it
> > didn't.  Oh and I'm using Gnome so apparently its not limited to
> > just one environment...
>
> On http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/Font/fonts-face-index-full.html I
> don't see a significant difference. I'm running 1400x1050 ATM on
> factory, 1600x1200 normally on 10.0. What are you guys running?

<http://64.142.14.4/~rschulz/font-verdana.6-11pt.SuSE10.0.png>
<http://64.142.14.4/~rschulz/font-verdana.6-11pt.SuSE10.2b1.png>

I picked Verdana for this test, though it does not show as stark a
difference as some fonts I use routinely.

I also had the X server act up when I went to make the 10.2b5 sample.
First it started killing Firefox (2.0) and then, when I tried creating
a new Firefox profile, the X server itself crashed, taking my login
session with it, of course. I logged in again and was able to create
the sample, but clearly there's something unstable about the 10.2b1 X
software.

Randall Schulz