Stephan,

On Friday 27 October 2006 01:24, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Yes, we have a new freetype and its authors worked heavily on the
> auto hinter. Your bug reports are welcome at bugzilla.novell.com

Unless they can recover the previous release's quality before 10.2
final, I'm going to be very upset by this. Font rendering quality is a
key characteristic for me. (It's far more important to me than, say, 3D
performance, e.g.)

I spend a lot of time choosing fonts and rendering options in KDE and
individual applications so get optimal quality. Lowering the quality
system-wide is, to me, a bad, bad thing. What motivated replacing what
seemed to me to be a fine implementation?

> Greetings, Stephan

Randall Schulz