On Friday 17 November 2006 17:35, Hugo Costelha wrote:
> On Friday 17 November 2006 17:28, Hugo Costelha wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed from the factory tree on a laptop, and I get HUGE fonts, and
> > I mean really Huge, lie a work does not fit one the screen. This is under
> > KDE.
> >
> > I didn't file a bug report because I installed directly from the Factory
> > tree (and as such it might be in a "incorrect" state"), and I do not have
> > my camera at hand to send a picture of this.
> >
> > The panel in the bottom has the correct size, but since the fonts are so
> > huge, I can only see a very, very small part of the windows, making it
> > impossible to do anything under KDE. The same happens with the KDM login
> > screen.
> >
> > Any hints on how to correct this?
>
> I went to runlevel 3, ran sax2, and this also gave me very Huge fonts. Just
> for you to get an idea, "Automatic" ocuppies the screen width.
>
> I really have to take a picture and send it...

I asked sax2 to create a new configuration, and this time the generated
configuration was right.

Comparing the two files xorg.conf files, there are a few differences, but
probably the one that matters, is that the new xorg.conf files does not have
DisplaySize 16 16
on the Monitor Section.

I will give it a try again with RC1, to check if the problem still occurs.

Hugo Costelha, on a monologue :)